iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iView adding quote marks to keywords

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTech

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: iView adding quote marks to keywords Reply with quote

I have a simple script that reads keywords from a text file and adds them to images in iView. If I have my catalog sorted by list view with the Keyword column showing none of the quote marks appear. However, if I click on the keywords to edit them they appear, and then when I click on another image they disappear.

When I sync the annotations back to the files and look at them in Photoshop they have a quote mark at the beginning and end of the keywords.

Why is iView adding quote marks to all the keywords and how do I prevent it?

Thanks,
Dan
DTech

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that if I have a comma or semi-colon anywhere in my keywords then it will add the quotes around the keywords in iView. For example:

Code:
set theKeywords to "here are my keywords, more keywords"

As you can see in the picture below the quotes don't show up in a normal list view but if I click to edit the keywords you can see quotes around the keywords.

Of course if I don't use commas or semi-colons in my keywords iView won't add the quotes but I'm required to put them in.

Anyone know of a way around this?

Thanks,
Dan
jhaneyzz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Keywords with quotes Reply with quote

I can't reproduce that one but my experience is that keywords are a list variable, not text, therefore I pass a list variable to the app in brackets instead of passing it a quoted string.

set thekeywords to {"keyword 1", "keyword 2"}
DTech

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading from a text file actually. There are two columns, separated by a tab. The first column matches up with a file name of an image in my catalog, the second column contains the keywords.

Example:
image1 keywords for image1
image2 keywords for image2

I'll try setting them as a list instead of "text item 2 of..."

Dan
jhaneyzz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Assistance Reply with quote

Let me know how that goes.

I know a few other tricks for handling raw text and coercing it into the proper format.

James
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: