iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pdf Thumbnails

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S. Pettigrew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Pdf Thumbnails Reply with quote

Hi

I'm new to iView so I'm sure that its just something I'm missing somewhere, but on importing Pdfs not all files show a thumbnail. Instead some come up with an icon, which in Media view says 'Rendering Disabled [24]'
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Susan
jaffa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Rendering Disabled [24] Reply with quote

I have only just started using iView. I am also experiencing this message 'Rendering Disabled [24]'. Did you manage to sort out the problem? Cataloging PDFs does appear to be a bit hit and miss.[/quote]
S. Pettigrew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Rendering Disabled [24] Reply with quote

Hi- I think it was solved by going to File>Catalogue Importers and making sure the 'Media' 'Text' box was checked... at least it hasn't recurred. We do have other problems with PDF though, multipages displaying incorrectly and the like- if you learn anymore I'd be pleased to hear!
Best wishes
Susan

jaffa wrote:
I have only just started using iView. I am also experiencing this message 'Rendering Disabled [24]'. Did you manage to sort out the problem? Cataloging PDFs does appear to be a bit hit and miss.
[/quote]
jaffa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I have the TEXT box ticked but I'm still having problems. I am also getting a Resource Not Found [-192] error! I am also unable to navigate through PDF pages because the Pager is not displayed in the Header Bar in Media View. This feature is described on page 42 of the manual. I have forwarded a tech query to iView and they are looking at it for me. I will keep you posted.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got the "Publishing" importer checkbox selected?
jaffa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I have all the boxes checked. The explanation from the iView team is that the rendering engine can only render the previews for certain types of PDF files. They also stated that...

You will see the pager tool for multi-layered images but unfortunately the rendering engine we use for PDF only support the first page preview.

This appears contrary to what it says on page 42 of the manual. Oh well.
RobMills

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a total pain. I wish these guys would document their product properly and not put in these half baked features. There are too many of these little quirks one discovers as you get deeper into the application for a product that claims to be professional.

Anyhow its helpful to see your support experience and that someone else is having trouble with pdf files.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: