iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iVMP 3.1.1 not responding

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wronaphoto

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: iVMP 3.1.1 not responding Reply with quote

It has never happened before, but the program is stuck and not responding and while restarting I always have to Force Quit.
Please help
Old Toad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wronaphoto:

What platform are you on?
Do you Twango?
wronaphoto

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac OS X 10.3.9 1.8Ghz PC G5. It just may be that since starting shooting RAw and cataloging thoussands of images using iVMP my mashine is slowing down. But then again I have only 20,000 images on file, so the program should still be able to cope
wronaphoto

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After about 5 minutes I suddenly got my catalog opened on the screen. I am finding that the catalog, and I use only one to sort all my images out, is not very responsive. I get a lot of "beach ball" rolling. My catalog is 609 MB and media is 29 GB
Old Toad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you're using RAW I can't help you very much. If you are using iView MediaPro 3.1.1 then you should repost your question in the iView MediaPro forum. This is the iView Media forum.

One possible cause of the slowness is the size of the thumbnail that you've chosen to use. If it is not one of the default sizes oiffered the iView has to work much harder thus slowing down the operation. If that's the case try selecting one of the default sizes and the rebuild the thumbnails, select all thumbnails and type Command-B.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Media All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: