iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(iView:Index) creates an 'illegal' value TARGET="_index

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> HTML galleries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: (iView:Index) creates an 'illegal' value TARGET="_index Reply with quote

Hi All

I'd like to use the (iView:Index) tag in the media pages for Galleries. This to allow the user to jump to any other index-page instead to the current index-page only.
I thought to accomplish this easily, but when browsing the Gallery it turned out that another Browser-Window is opened when clicking an index from a media page.

When checking the code created by the template for the index and the media pages I have found that for some reason (iView:Index) creates different results depending wether one uses it in the index.html or the media.html.

For the index pages (iView:Index) creates the following:
Code:
<td>Index to Image Pages: 1-12 | <a href="index2.html" target="_self">13-24</a> | <a href="index3.html" target="_self">25-36</a> |  .......... | <a href="index24.html" target="_self">277-284</a></td>

Note: the value for target is "_self"
So far so good.

For the media pages (iView:Index) creates the following:
Code:
<td>Index to Image Pages:<a href="../index.html" target="_index">1-12</a> | <a href="../index2.html" target="_index">13-24</a> | ......... | <a href="../index24.html" target="_index">277-284</a>

Note: the value for target is now "_index"

While browsing the Gallerie and clicking onto any of the Index-links a new Browser-Window (or Tab) will be opened. This is not nice.

This oculd be changed manually after creating the Gallery, but becomes rather cumbersome for large Galleries.

So far I have not found a better way to influnce this tag.

Also for TARGET there are only four values starting with an "_" allowed:
_blank
_top
_self
_parent

I don't see a reason why iVMP creates an 'illegal' value like '_index' for TARGET.

What is it that changes the value of the Index-Tag?
How could this be overcome?
Yes, I have tried various templates and different browsers.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.
Thanks, Hans.

iVMP v3.1.3 / PS CS2 / Windows XP Prof. / plenty of CPU power, RAM and Diskspace
snah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to iView-Support this IS a bug within the HTML engine.
Untill this is fixed use (iView:Index) only on index-pages and NOT on media-pages.

If you still need to use (iView:Index) on media pages:
There is a workaround I have received from iView-Support. But have not tested it yet.

Use at your own risk.

Following code for frame.html

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
<html>
<head>
   <title>(iView:Catalog)</title>
   <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8">
</head>

<frameset frameborder="no" cols="*">
   <frame src="index.html" name="_index">
</frameset>
<noframes><body>

</body></noframes>
</html>

iVMP v3.1.3 / PS CS2 / Windows XP Prof. / plenty of CPU power, RAM and Diskspace
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> HTML galleries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: