iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site Title (iView:Catalog) - should use Catalog Set(s) !

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> HTML galleries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mypointofview

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Site Title (iView:Catalog) - should use Catalog Set(s) ! Reply with quote

It would be great if the "Site Title" field would be automatically populated not by the catalog file name but rather with the name of any chosen catalog set(s) if applicable.

I always prepare my gallery in a catalog set before uploading. Currently the pure catalog name as such populates automatically the field at top of the html page creation window when I choose "Make HTML Gallery" from the application menu.

I always have to change it manually. I mean this is theoretically a nice idea but in real life I think people don't make a gallery from a full catalog without using catalog sets. So the thinking behind it ignores catalog sets and assumes that the user manually "hides" or "deletes" files from his/her catalog -- then starts to make a html gallery and -- oufff -- iView "helps" by prompting the catalog name. Oh my.

The catalog set name is already available - it displays in the catalog title bar in brackets.

I suggest (for a future version of iView) to prompt the user here with the chosen catalog set if a catalog set is chosen. After all this is an important field (iView:Catalog) which can be used for template design.

And -- if multiple sets are chosen, simply pre-fill that top field with a combination of the chosen sets. Just like in the brackets in the title bar!

What do you think ?

Martin
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> HTML galleries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: