iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intermittent Unexpected Quitting Continues

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Intermittent Unexpected Quitting Continues Reply with quote

I am running 2.0.3 with 10.3.3 and iView unexpectedly quits on my G5 and my PowerBook. I have run Disk Warrior and Cocktail. No help. Happened again this morning while scrolling files. I think 2.0.3 is not stable enough in 10.3.3. I sent iView a crash report a week ago and hope they will look at it and respond. Sent another today. :(
Cymz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Unexpected quiting Reply with quote

I'm getting the same problem on a G3 PowerBook in 10.3.3 whilst trying to evaluate iView Pro. Sadly it renders it unusable. Portfolio it is then!
focus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. I hope they can get you guys an answer. I'm running 2.0.3 under 10.3.3 with rare crashes, so I know it's not everybody. (PowerBook G4 1.25GHz here)
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Cymz and focus. Your replies are helpful. With all the utilities I've run on my G5 and PowerBook I continue to have intermittent crashes. Other software does not crash. PS CS has never crashed. I hope iView will begin by acknowledging the issue. Without that there will never be a solution.
jsachs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: also quitting Reply with quote

Same problem on a G4 Powerbook with 1 Gb of ram. It worked fine for monthly, but now quits so much I can't use it. Help! Tried to look for prefs to delete, but couldn't find any.
Jim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help on the stability issue -- iView MediaPro v2.0.3 has been rock solid for me over recent months (iBook 800, OS X 10.2.3). I have had a few creeping problems in usage however (arrow keys stop working, etc.) and at least some of those were solved by trashing iView's prefs. For the previous poster, they are located here: ~User/Library/Preferences/com.iview.mediapro.plist and ~User/Library/Preferences/iView MediaPro 2.0 Settings. Of course, when you next launch MediaPro you will have to reset any custom stuff in Preferences. Perhaps in other corners of the application as well, though I didn't seem to.

As another poster said, I hope the iView team, or other users, can help you find the source of your reliability problems.

Best regards,
Jim
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Jim. It's interesting because iView just sent me an email suggesting the same thing. I deleted the preferences folder and I will see how it goes. The crashes have been intermittent so I will need to wait and see.
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleting preferences did not stop the crashes. Still crashes. I am running 10.3.3. I hope iView will address the problem.
Jim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Crashes dependent on file type? Reply with quote

I got a bunch of Photoshop ".psd" images from a friend recently and I've noticed that viewing and playing around with those images causes my copy of iView MediaPro (2.0.3) to intermittently crash. It has been stable up until now with my large collection of JPG images, which includes the occasional Photoshop-processed JPG image and assorted other formats. But something about these PSD files causes MediaPro to hiccup on my computer.

So I'm wondering, for those of you experiencing crashes, have you noticed any particular pattern in the types of files you are working with when it happens? Perhaps the source of the problem lies there... and we can vector in on it?

Regards,
Jim
Phil
iView staff
iView staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case it helps anyone else, a customer mentioned to us that it crashes after using the red icon to exit slideshows. That will be fixed in the next update and in the mean time double click or hit escape to exit the slideshow.
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the customer who mentioned what Phil described above. I have been running the Beta for a few days and have not had any crashes except when exiting a slide show by hitting the red icon on the controller. I have .psd files and have not noticed them crashing the Beta but I will try it again.
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my main catalogue I have 65 .psd files. I brought them up in 2.5b3 and viewed many of them in Media View and rearranged the order of some of them and no crash. I know this may not mean much if the problem is intermittent but to the user who is experiencing the problem you may want to try the Beta and see if the problem continues.
Phil
iView staff
iView staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop documents can vary greatly not just in terms of aspects of the image like layers but also by the version of the application that created them. If the problems you are seeing are linked to these documents - Jim - perhaps you could contact us at iView support and we can arrange to get hold of a few to test?
Jim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point about format variations Phil... I'm not sure what version these .psd files were created in. But yes, I'll contact iView support as you suggest. Thanks for weighing in!

Regards,
Jim
Deane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Unexpected quitting after slideshow Reply with quote

I reported this bug a month ago, but heard nothing in response from Support via email. The problem occurs with all my catalogues including the simplest, comprising only jpg files. I'm running v2.0.3 on OS X 10.3.3

Have just joined the forum and read Phil's post re exiting slideshow via red button. Thanks Phil. I depend on iView MediaPro in my business and am generally satisfied, though maybe some functions, such as image editing, are getting a bit bloated. I use PS and expect most iView MediaPro users do also. iView's strength is in its organisational power. In this it is brilliant.

I would like to think that when I need support I will get a direct response and certainly within less than a month.
bst

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Crashing since 2.0.3 Reply with quote

Since I upgraded to 2.0.3, I am also seeing crashing pretty much each time I use it after 3-5 minutes. I'm on a G4/1.25GHz with 10.3.3
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bst

I suggest you try the Beta. I have found it is much more stable.
hdomke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Unexpected Quits- importing RAW files from a Canon 1Ds Reply with quote

Any advice on how to import RAW files from a Canon 1Ds?
I was importing about 10,000 today and I had 51 separate program crashes as I was doing it. These are files that I know work well.

I am running
Mac OX 10.3.3
Mac G5 DP with 4 GB RAM
iView MediaPro version 2.5.1

The message I get is:
The Application iVew MediaPro has unexpectidly quit.

I then moved the offending file to a new folder.
I had to do that 51 times.

Thanks for any advice on how to prevent this.
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had crashes with iViewMedia Pro but all the issues resolved when I upgraded to 2.5.1 and I never had any importing files, RAW or JPEG. Can you describe more fully what you were doing before the crash? Importing files from a CF card? Does iView crash in any other circumstances?
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS I looked at your work. Very beautiful.
hdomke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David asks:
"Can you describe more fully what you were doing before the crash? Importing files from a CF card? Does iView crash in any other circumstances?"

No, I am not importing from a CF card. I am starting a new catalog from scratch. All of the Canon 1Ds RAW files (.TIF) are on a firewire external hard drive. The program seems to be importing fine, then suddenly crash.

iView never crashes at any other times or with any other files. I have just finished importing 8,000 16-bit PSD files without a hitch.

Thanks for the kind words about my website. I just got that up and running last week.

Quote:

trustworthya1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee. I really wish I could help but I cannot. Have you contacted iView support. I have found them responsive and helpful.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: