iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making a Counter in a batch rename script

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westjef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Making a Counter in a batch rename script Reply with quote

Hi,
i have modified the "batch rename with EXIF data" AppleScript so that it use the data i want.
the main string for the name looks like :
Code:
set newName to theSubject & "_" & theYear & theMonth & theDay & "_" & theKey

It works pretty good.

Thing is, instead of the Date i would like to have a number count. I have 2000+ pictures from a trip and i would like to do something like this :
Code:

set newName to theSubject & "_" & 0000 & "_" & theKey

"0000" would be a 4 digit number assigned by either : the order of the pictures in the catalog or the Date&Hour taken (at worst by the filename order... but i'd prefer the others)

i would like to know how i can implement this in the code? I can understand the code a bit, but writing new things like that is hard for me considering i have only written Flash actionscript before.

Last thing, "theKey" is defined by Keywords. But i'd prefer to have something like the name of the Set in IView instead. i tried to define it earlier in the code with:
Code:

set theSet to the media set of theItem

but it won't work. I found "media set" in the IView library. I think it may not work because maybe this info is in not saved in the file but in the IView catalogue. Any ideas?

thanks
jeff
westjef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i have found a counter code in another script online, and it's working ok.
Now, does anybody now abouot how to access the Set's name of theItem in the code?

thanks
jeff
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: