iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IVMP 3.1.3 compatability with 2.6.4 reader?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim_Bob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: IVMP 3.1.3 compatability with 2.6.4 reader? Reply with quote

Hi All

I am using iView Media Pro on a Mac to author catalogues for our imaging company. When I first produced a catalogue (approx. 17,000 images) for other Macs to read on the network, I timed the reader taking 9 minutes to open. I originally put this down to our system consisting of painfully slow Macs, but when I tried using an earlier reader (v2.6.4) it only took 14 seconds.

I don't specifically mind using an earlier reader, but my problem is this: the older reader doesn't seem to preserve the thumbnail size, unlike the later one. I author my catalogues with a thumbnail size of 160x160, but when I open it in the older reader, they've blown up to 512x512.

I don't mind which problem can be solved: either reducing the opening time of the later reader (v3.1.1), or reducing the thumbnail size of the earlier reader (v2.6.4).

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: