iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating a Professional Looking CD wtih Sllideshow

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratosphere12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Creating a Professional Looking CD wtih Sllideshow Reply with quote

I am sending my photographs to curators, so I am burning a backup CD of my catalog and then adding iview reader to the CD and burning it.

When I open the disc on a non iview computer (most museums don't have it) if I click the free iview reader, it does not open the catalog on the CD and wants me to search for the image folder.

When I click on the iview catalog icon it asks me for my serial number or click to 30 day trial. When It does open the slide show does not run.

Curators won't know what to do to access the image showcase I made.

Please help!
roberte

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

iView requires Quicktime to run, including the Reader. Before you burn the Catalog on CD you need to reset the folder paths to point it to the images on CD. Otherwise users will be directed to your local storage.

If the Reader is asking for a serial then it must be the full version of iView and not the Reader.

I've successfully put iView Catalogs on CD, networks and portable HDD. However I prefer to distribute web galleries because not all PC users will have or be allowed to install Quicktime, whereas every computer has a web browser.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratosphere12:

What platform are you on? If it's a Mac there are other options that might be viable, i.e. create a Video DVD slideshow that would play on any TV w/DVD Player.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: