iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D300 Nefs cannot be viewed in Exp media

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
losackmd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: D300 Nefs cannot be viewed in Exp media Reply with quote

am i missing something somewhere
please guide me where i need to go
in LEOPARD 10.5.1
NEFS do not open in the catalog
only in Capture NX
or
bridge
where is the problem
thanks
gl
iviewadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Nikon D300 support Reply with quote

Dear Gl,

MediaPro 3 does not support the new Nikon D300 camera NEF file format on the Macintosh platform. Support for this file format on Windows Vista can be achieved using the Nikon RAW Codec as found here;
http://www.nikonimglib.com/nefcodec/index.html.en

Since all development of MediaPro 3 has migrated across to Microsoft and Expression Media no new release of MediaPro 3 will occur beyond version 3.1.3 (the last and latest version) which would subsequently see this support introduced.

Should Apple provide support for this new NEF file format through QuickTime then this will naturally migrate into MediaPro 3.

Microsoft Expression Media also does not currently support D300 files on the Macintosh platform at this time. The development team are aware of this and I'm awaiting news on the timescale for support. As soon as I have this I will post this in the iView User Forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards
Simon Street
iView Multimedia Ltd.
iviewadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Nikon D300 support Reply with quote

Dear Gl,

If you install Mac OS 10.5.2 (which now supports the Nikon D300) this support will filter through to Expression Media.

Kind regards
Simon Street
syncrasy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: D300 NEFs on a Mac: iView on Leopard? Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm if IVMP 3.1.3 recognizes Nikon D300 NEFs on Mac OS 10.5.2?

If not...

If I wish to catalogue D300 NEFs with iView-flavored software on my Mac, I must not only upgrade to Leopard, but also move to Expression Media. Correct?
Dick Bos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

In case you don't use Capture to work on your NEF's here could be a work-around: If you convert your NEF files to the DNG format using the latest Adobe DNG converter you don't need a new codec OR xPression Media but can stick to iViewMP. DNG's from my D300 show up perfectly in iViewMP. Download it here: http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/ . Save the NEF's as a back-up.

Good luck,

Dick Bos
scottbuckel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My normal worklfow is to ingest with ImageIngester, then edit and sort in bridge, add bulk metadata upon ingestion and editing, convert to dng, then import in IVMP (I actually just changed to EM recently - I like it better then IVMP 3.1.3). I have had a D300 almost since they were released and I was able to not change my workflow when I got my new camera.

So you can stay with IVMP if you want. There is another reason to use dng - the files are smaller.

Dick's advice is a good one.

Scott
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: