iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Olympus .ORF (for E3) cannot be viewed in Expression Media P

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jelag7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Olympus .ORF (for E3) cannot be viewed in Expression Media P Reply with quote

Hi,
I have MAC OSX 10.4 (next week 10.5) and there is a problem with Olympus E3 RAW (.ORF) , they cannot be viewed (with Olympus E1 .ORF it's OK)
Thank you for your help, if you can tell me when it will be OK.
Jean-Paul
iviewadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Olympus E3 Reply with quote

Dear Jean-Paul,

Mac OS 10.5 supports the following Olympus RAW file formats via QuickTime.

Olympus C70Z,C7000Z
Olympus E-300
Olympus E-410
Olympus E-510
Olympus C7070WZ
Olympus E-330
Olympus E-400
Olympus E-500
Olympus C8080WZ
Olympus E-1

That should naturally migrate to MediaPro 3 / Expression Media. If you would like me to test to confirm please send me a file example (probably via the http://www.yousendit.com/ service for large files) to the General Enquiries e-mail found on our Company Page;

http://www.iview-multimedia.com/company/

Kind regards
Simon Street
jelag7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympus E3 Reply with quote

iviewadmin wrote:
Dear Jean-Paul,

That should naturally migrate to MediaPro 3 / Expression Media. If you would like me to test to confirm please send me a file example

Kind regards
Simon Street

Thank you for the very fast response.
I just send you a file example with "Yousendit"
Jean-Paul
geirsan

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Doesn't happen Reply with quote

I've tried to search the Microsoft pages, iView and Googling myself green, but even with the new Expression Media 2, there seems no way I can read my E3 ORF files. I just can't believe it, because it seems I no longer can work with EM and have to find some other solution. Going back to JPEG is no option.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tikos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same with e510 ORF file and Leopard

even the expression media 2 trial does not work with this files

any solution?
tikos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be great to have an official answer about compatibility of ORF e3 and E510 files with expression media...........

......after more than a month still no answer from the company

thanks for the excellent service

:roll:
iviewadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

The Olympus E3 is listed as being supported on the Mac under Tiger & Leopard (and therefore I would assume via MediaPro 3 / Expression Media) via the Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/digitalcamerarawcompatibilityupdate20.html

I could only find reference to the E510 being supported under Leopard. If you would like to send me an example file of the E3 & E510 via the www.yousendit.com service I'll be happy to take a look at this issue under both Tiger & Leopard.

Kind regards
Simon Street
geirsan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a no go. I've upgraded the Camera RAW compatibility update, but still no results for the E3, even though Apple now supports it.
Who's to blame? It either has to be Olympus or Microsoft/Expression Media, and since Olympus has done it's job in regards to Apple, I believe the cards are now on your table.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Old Toad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To verify that the E3 files are compatible with your operating system (as they should be according to Apple) try importing a couple into iPhoto.

Also, several users have determined that with their cameras if they shoot in the RAW+JPG mode neither files is compatible. However, when they switched to shooting just RAW alone they were compatible. They weren't using an Olympus camera but it might apply just as well.

Another test your can run is to create a new, non-administrative account on your Mac and see if you can import there. Sometimes there's elements in an active account that can interfere with different functions.
geirsan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid that this was a "no can". Still get the "Unknown Error" message, in spite of trying both solutions.
I have to resort to Olympus Studio for arranging my images at the moment, and that is what I call "no like".
There must be a way to do this.
iviewadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear geirsan,

As I've indicated before please send me a couple of file examples and I'll take a look myself and try and help.

Contact me on the General Enquiries address here;

You'll need to send them through www.yousendit.com

Please touch base with me on the General Enquiries address and we'll get the ball rolling.

Kind regards
Simon Street
geirsan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iviewadmin wrote:
Dear geirsan,

As I've indicated before please send me a couple of file examples and I'll take a look myself and try and help.

Contact me on the General Enquiries address here;

You'll need to send them through www.yousendit.com

Please touch base with me on the General Enquiries address and we'll get the ball rolling.

Kind regards
Simon Street

I've tried to send you the files, but yousendit doesn't seem to do it for me. Any other way?
iviewadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Gerisan,

Please do get in touch with me using any of the e-mail links found on the Company -> Contact iView page (from the iView web site, using the tabs at the top) and lets get into this issue.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Simon Street
geirsan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iviewadmin wrote:
Dear Gerisan,

Please do get in touch with me using any of the e-mail links found on the Company -> Contact iView page (from the iView web site, using the tabs at the top) and lets get into this issue.

Kind regards

Simon Street

Do you have any news? Did you get my file. ORF with E3 is supported by QuickTime...
geirsan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geirsan wrote:
iviewadmin wrote:
Dear Gerisan,

Kind regards

Simon Street

Do you have any news? Did you get my file. ORF with E3 is supported by QuickTime...

Simon!

Do you have any news after I sent you the file? I really need to get this sorted. Neither Lightroom nor Aperture solves my file management needs, but at the moment EM just doesn't work.

Geir
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: