iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

raw & jpg simultaneous editing?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laglj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: raw & jpg simultaneous editing? Reply with quote

I'm still using a canon 1D and have two questions about working with raw files (.tif for the 1d), both for IVMP2.6 on a mac running osx10.3.5:

1 - under preferences/media with type=images, i have the "use built-in thumbnails" box UN-checked and under preferences/media with type=camera formats I have the "use embedded preview" UN-checked. Alas, I still can not rebuild a preview that is larger than 288x192!? The media view can build a larger view, but I would prefer to let the computer do all it's thinking at once for a first edit and look at larger previews rather than wait for computer to stop and think at every photo in media view as i edit. any suggestions?

2 - my ideal workflow would be to shoot in simultaneous raw+jpg (large fine) mode and have the jpgs availbale for quick editing and delivery and the raws for later fine-tuning/larger printing/archiving/etc. Is there any way to link the jpg and raw files so that i can edit them together? In other words, when i shoot in raw+jpg I end up with two files of the same image, one jpg and one tif - I would like to somehow edit them simultaneously so that I can delete an image and have both the .jpg and .tif files deleted (without having to delete each file individucally). I would very much appreciate some help and advice on this workflow problem.

Thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: